- POPULAR MUSIC
- CLASSICAL MUSIC
- WORLD MUSIC
- AFRICAN ACTS
- THEMED ENTERTAINMENT
- NOVELTY ACTS
- DANCE ACTS
- KIDS ENTERTAINMENT
- BUDGET ENTERTAINMENT
Bottomless CoffeeLocation: Based in Cape Town
The Bottomless Coffee Band is a multi-instrumentalist folk-rock band from Cape Town. The husband-and-wife duo writes, composes and performs songs about sharing a fierce love for life, music, traveling and coffee.
Since the start of their band in 2010, their music has grown and evolved, but it still remains true to their initial vision - to combine different sounds from their treasure chest of instruments to create a full band effect. Seeing the Bottomless Coffee Band on stage reminds of the good old days when Johnny Cash and June Carter filled theatres with entertaining folk music.
“With well-written lyrics, outstanding musicality and sincere and heartfelt performances, the gifted musos have captivated hundreds of audiences all over South Africa.”
As two ambitious young students at the University of Stellenbosch, Esté and Lourens met in the University choir. After a few cups of coffee they soon came to realise that they shared much more than their common interest in blues music. Today the happily married couple works as full-time musicians, pursuing their dream to inspire others through their music.
The style of the Bottomless Coffee Band can be described as acoustic folk-rock and afro-blues. The band members like to refer to it as gourmet music. This term captures their vision as musicians: to produce an organic sound that is true to themselves, that encourages good times, evokes emotion and sparks deeds of love, hope and change.
The creative duo has a great love for instruments; they are constantly on the look-out for interesting sounds to include in their oeuvre. Currently they play 10 instruments between the two of them, gracing the stage with an impressive display of music-making gadgets, and allowing the sound of a full band. Their instruments include the Farmer foot drums, acoustic and electric guitar, banjo, acoustic bass, U-Bass (aka basselele), accordion, ukulele, harmonica and various percussion instruments. They also sing, whilst playing the mentioned instruments, and write their own songs.
Their days are filled with performances at various functions, including wedding pre-drinks, corporate events, private functions, festivals and public shows. In November 2014 the Bottomless Coffee Band released their first album, Room With A View. This album, consisting of nine original works and two of their most popular covers, documents the first four years of their music career.
Being on the road constantly, Esté and Lourens have the privilege of seeing and experiencing our beautiful coun- try and meeting friendly new faces. It is these encounters with nature, people and each other that inspire them to dream up fresh lyrics and beats. They also draw inspiration from music legends such as Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Queen, John Mayer, The Lumineers and Mumford and Sons (to name a few).
- Various National tours in 2015 and 2016
- Bottomless coffee has performed with artists such as Goldfish (Dimension Data ProAM golf tournament 2014, George), Jeremy Loops (Media 24 Year end function; Electric Vines 2014, CT), Emo Adams (News 24 Magazines awards of excellence, CT), Heinz Winckler (Val De Vie), Kahn Morbee (KKNK 2015), and Die Heuwels Fantasties (Happiness Festival George 2015)
- Corporate events for companies such as Ford, Liberty, British American Tobacco, Steinhoff, Dimension Data, American Express, Sanlam, Safmarine, Spier, Swiss Life (Switzerland), Kvickly (Denmark); Media24, Old Mutual, Medi-Clinic, etc.
- Festivals: Edinburgh Fringe Festival (Scotland, 2016); KKNK (2015, 2016); Barleycorn Music Festival, Baxter Theatre (2016); Electric Vines (2015); Various wine festivals (Robertson Wacky Wine; Paarl Ommiberg; Rawsonville Soetes & Sop; Franschhoek Bastille Festival and more.
- TV performances: Expresso Morning Show, KykNet JouShow (Emo Adams); Makietie; DeKatTV
- Radio: RSG (Oggend op RSG); Befonk, Smile FM; Radio Helderberg; Tygerberg 104FM and various campus radios
- Print media features: Newspapers: Die Burger, Beeld, Weekend Argus, Tygerburger
- Magazines: Rooi Rose, Huisgenoot, The Coffee Mag
- Online: Channel 24, Flat White Concepts Magazine, 9Lives, Little Pink Book
Typical Budget for Bottomless Coffee is
R15000 - R30000.
Please note this is merely a guide; if you submit a booking enquiry, you will receive an exact quote based on the unique details of your event.
Submit a booking enquiry directly with Bottomless Coffee, and the Artist or their manager / representative will be in touch with you soon!
Should you be unsure about which acts to enquire with, you can choose to SEND GIGSTER YOUR EVENT DETAILS and we will forward your enquiry to up to 5 suitable acts.
You May Also Like...
Chart-topping, award-winning, and all-round groovy - one of SA's top acts!...Read More
High-quality, star-studded ensemble blending timeless classics with contemporary hits...Read More