- POPULAR MUSIC
- CLASSICAL MUSIC
- WORLD MUSIC
- AFRICAN ACTS
- THEMED ENTERTAINMENT
- NOVELTY ACTS
- DANCE ACTS
- KIDS ENTERTAINMENT
- BUDGET ENTERTAINMENT
CH2Location: Based in Pretoria
Combine two energetic, virtuous guitar players from Pretoria and it results in CH2. These two guys enchant audiences time and again with their extraordinary guitar talent – young, energetic, sophisticated, charming, entertaining sounds, as well as something for the eye! CH2’s wide repertoire includes remarkable compositions of their own, classics, and renowned and modern masterpieces. Corneille and Leon are a combination of style and excellence – something you don’t experience every day.
Since 2001 CH2 has wowed audiences across the country with their classical training and gifted guitar skills. Their debut Pap & Paella album was topped only by 2008’s It’s About Time and 2009’s The Orange Guitar. 2011 produced the critically acclaimed Ping, and after the 2012 release of the pair’s symphonic melange of rich and textured classics, Corneille Hutten-Burger and Leon Gropp decided to mix things up a little.
With five massively successful albums, and a DVD that captured the best of CH2 in full flight with the University of Pretoria’s symphony orchestra, they have now taken everything we know and love about their six-string genius, and spun in an element that’s about to introduce fans to their true x-factor.
Enjoy the ultra-virtuosic, hghly entertaining and extraordinary sounds of the multi award-winning CH2 - unplugged and unequaled!
DISCOVER YOUR MUSIC
A very prominent part of CH2’s passion and effort is a new one-of-a-kind form of corporate theatre called “Discover your Music”. Here, CH2 teams up with world-renowned writer, philosopher and industrial psychologist, Jaco Boettger, to bring companies (and many other non-profit organisations / groups) a unique and truly empowering experience, on the road to becoming “future fit”. In the 9 years since its inception, the session was delivered all over our country and elsewhere in Africa, to a large number of clients including British American Tobacco (BAT), Distell, Sanlam, TAAG (Angolan Air), Old Mutual, FNB Namibia, 4th Dimension and Capitec. “Discover your Music” sums up what CH2 passionately believes in and stands for.
Awards & Distinctions
- 2008 – Rapport VONK award for Best instrumental album. (album: “Pap & Paella”)
- 2009 – Rapport VONK award for Best instrumental album. (album: “The Orange Guitar”)
- 2011 – Category winners and 3rd place overal in the Lee Ritenour Six String Theory International Guitar Competition
- 2012 – SAMA Winners for the album: “Ping” | Nominated for a Huisgenoot Tempo award (album: “Ping”) | Nominated in two categories, including “Best group” at the Afrikaans Ghoema awards. (album: “Ping”)
- 2013 – SAMA Winners for the album: “CH2 Live”. | Nominated for a Huisgenoot Tempo award (album: “CH2 Live”) | Nominated in two categories, including “Best group” at the inaugural Afrikaans Ghoema awards. (album: “CH2 Live”)
- 2014 – Nominated in two categories, including “Best Group” and “Best Instrumental Album” at the inaugural Afrikaans Ghoema Awards (Album: “Soos in die ou dae”) and wins under the category: “Best Instrumental Album”.
- CH2 has had two very successful USA trips, after performing at the 2011 Lee Ritenour Six String Theory International Guitar Competition, World Finals in Bigfork, Montana. CH2 performed in Connecticut, Montana and dropped by New York. This competition is like a “world idols” for guitar players. Their competitors were from Italy, U.K., Mexico, Ireland, and U.S.A. and they won the World Classical / Flamenco category in August 2011.
- CH2 also entered the Grammys for the third time running in 2013, and are proud members of the Grammy Foundation.
- The duo has collaborated with a number of artists over the last couple of years, including collaboration album with one of South Africa’s most loved and internationally recognized instrumental groups – The Soweto String Quartet. A new genre evolved from this collaboration that is now referred to as “African Latin”. That album received a “Rapport VONK” award in 2008. Other notable collaborations include Coenie de Villiers, and Nianell (both on the latest album), Riaan van Rensburg, Rocco de Villiers, Melissa van der Spuy, Matthys Maree and Lloyd Cele (of SA Idols fame).
- In the stage production that also carries the name of their album, PING, CH2 and multi-award winning actress/director, Lizz Meiring, combine the elements of musical comedy, theatre and satire in a comical fine art cabaret. The production debuted at the Centurion Theatre in May 2012.
- They were also part of the “Afri-Spaans” production in 2011 (directed by Sandra Prinsloo) with Steve Hofmeyr, Martha Gomez (Colombia), Anna Davel and other world-class musicians.
- Another exciting project includes the production “In die grond van die wind” in collaboration with actor, Drikus Volschenk in 2015.
- Remastered (2003)
- Gut (2004)
- Strings Attached (2005)
- Pap & Paella (with the Soweto String Quartet) (2007)
- It’s About Time (2008)
- The Orange Guitar (2009)
- Ping (2011)
- CH2 live with the UP Symphony Orchestra, DVD and CD. (2012)
- Soos in die ou dae (2014)
Video 1 of 5 (click the dots)
Video 2 of 5 (click the dots)
Video 3 of 5 (click the dots)
Video 4 of 5 (click the dots)
Video 5 of 5 (click the dots)
Typical Budget for CH2 is
R19800 - R25000.
Please note this is merely a guide; if you submit a booking enquiry, you will receive an exact quote based on the unique details of your event.
Submit a booking enquiry directly with CH2, and the Artist or their manager / representative will be in touch with you soon!
Should you be unsure about which acts to enquire with, you can choose to SEND GIGSTER YOUR EVENT DETAILS and we will forward your enquiry to up to 5 suitable acts.
You May Also Like...
Showstopping "singing waiter" act or other customised surprise-entertainment concepts...Read More
Riveting electro/acoustic harpist and pianist offering a wide stylistic range...Read More