- POPULAR MUSIC
- CLASSICAL MUSIC
- WORLD MUSIC
- AFRICAN ACTS
- THEMED ENTERTAINMENT
- NOVELTY ACTS
- DANCE ACTS
- KIDS ENTERTAINMENT
- BUDGET ENTERTAINMENT
Dave LevinsohnLocation: Based in Johannesburg
Dave Levinsohn's on-the-spot skills often make it look like he’s making it up as he goes... that’s because he is! This popular and original comedian has been honing his skills as the host at the Coffee Lounge comedy club since 1997, and is a regular face at the Vodacom International festival and the Smirnoff comedy festival.
Television viewers are familiar with Dave's quirky, irrepressible humour from his ‘Big Black Box’ ads, or possibly as the zany co-presenter in the first series of the SABC 3 TV shows ‘Going Nowhere Slowly’, as well as a character (and writer) in the latest “Tonight with Trevor Noah Show”, (MNet).
On the comedy stage, his material darts into more lateral territory... With his "slightly-weird-guy-next-door" approach to every subject under the sun, Dave is odd, without being offensive. His anarchic re-examination of everyday topics has won him fans at every appearance, as does his ability to improvise when interacting with the crowd.
This versatile comic, who has known his true vocation since his schooldays in Springs, offers off-beat fun for anyone in the mood for a left-field comedy experience. You will most certainly want to see Dave again and again, mostly to explain his jokes or to return some of the stuff he’s stolen.
Important Corporate clients include:
- Lafarge Cement
- Robertson’s Spices
- Coca Cola
- Corporate Soccer league
- Audi Quattro Cup Amateur golf Tournament
- Shoprite Checkers
- Pam Golding National Road show
- People’s Bank
- Discovery Health
- Foschini Group/DUE SOUTH
- New Balance
- Standard Bank
- Touchline media
- Men’s Health Best man Awards
- Golf Digest Subscribers’ Challenge
- Celebrity MC
- Comedy routine
- Corporate Facilitator
Some important events & achievements include:
- Winner of the pro section of the Red bull Comedy Jam 2004
- Winner of the Nando’s most original approach to comedy, Grahamstown 2008
- Recently opened for international comic Jimoein. (First stand-up comedy at the main festival programme ever)
- Comedy Shop Live: Platypus Productions '96
- The Smirnoff Comedy Festival (1997-98)
- Tuesday nights at The Coffee Lounge (1997-98)
- Cape Comedy Collective (1998-99)
- Agony Barman Dave (Armchair Theatre)
- Comedy Showcase SABC 3
- M Web commercials. (18 ads)
- Walls Sausages ad (UK)
- Fosters ad (US)
- Heineken ad (Italy)
- German Post Bank
- Mercedes Benz (Germany)
- Humour column for CAPE REVIEW magazine
- Pendoring award: Best actor (Mweb)
- Gold and Silver Loerie Award for Mweb ads
- Garden Route comedy tour Play energy Drink
- Joe Parkers’ Comedy express headliner
- Comedy Host: Up the Creek Music Festival
- The Ha Ha Festival East Coast Radio, KZN Natal
- Host at the Comedy warehouse in Green Point
- ‘Four slackers and a microphone’ improvised comedy show based on ‘Who’s line is it anyway’
- Hosting functions including product launches, golf days and corporate events
- Presenter of hit SABC 3 TV series Going Nowhere Slowly
- Winner of the Comedy Allstars/Red Bull comedy competition pro
- Vodacom International Comedy festival, 2005/6
- New Balance 100th year Gala dinner
- Pick ‘n Pay Golden Ray Awards
- Golf Digest Subscribers Challenge MC 2005/6
The event went very well. The client was very happy with Dave. He is very good and I will definitely be using him again for future events!
Nikki Miljak, Mindshift Events
Dave was exactly what we needed for the day - He understood the type of guest we were having and adapted accordingly. His humble approach to the tasks, being fully involved and always thinking about the lighter side of things made him indispensible. Nissan Management got on famously with him - his “theatrical” element added the perfect pitch to the day. Thanks very much.
Off the wall and off the cuff... an improv genius.
You did a great job as Master of Ceremonies… most appreciative of the way you handled proceedings.
Thanks for a great show the audience loved you.
Syner G Marketing & Events
© All Biographies, images, sound and video files are copyright protected
Typical Budget for Dave Levinsohn is
R10000 - R50000 excl. VAT.
Please note this is merely a guide; if you submit a booking enquiry, you will receive an exact quote based on the unique details of your event.
Submit a booking enquiry directly with Dave Levinsohn, and the Artist or their manager / representative will be in touch with you soon!
Should you be unsure about which acts to enquire with, you can choose to SEND GIGSTER YOUR EVENT DETAILS and we will forward your enquiry to up to 5 suitable acts.
You May Also Like...
Top business motivational speaker and facilitator, offering a range of presentations...Read More