- POPULAR MUSIC
- CLASSICAL MUSIC
- WORLD MUSIC
- AFRICAN ACTS
- THEMED ENTERTAINMENT
- NOVELTY ACTS
- DANCE ACTS
- KIDS ENTERTAINMENT
- BUDGET ENTERTAINMENT
Hot WaterLocation: Based in Cape Town
"..Hot Water must easily be one of the most exciting music projects to come out of South Africa recently" - The Citizen
Hot Water’s music incorporates elements of traditional South African music (such as kwela, mbaqanga, sokkie, maskandi, and kwasa kwasa) with folk, blues and indie-pop rock.
Southern African music has a natural instinct for celebration and Hot Water’s live performances have a magical way of spontaneously warming any event.
- 2006: Hot Water launch their debut album, ‘Home’ at the Kirstenbosch Summer Sunset Concerts at the National Botanical Gardens in Cape Town.
- The band features on BBC World’s ‘Destination Music’ series and is included on international record label, Edel’s ‘A Day in Cape Town’ CD-book compilation.
- 'Bushfire’ becomes the musical face of the Italian children’s shoe manufacturer, Primigi’s European and US commercial campaign.
- 2007: The band embarks on a City of Cape Town upliftment initiative performing in disadvantaged areas throughout the city and surrounds.
- ‘Thembi’ - a salute to African mothers – is chosen for an Italian National Health Service Commercial.
- 2008: Second album ‘One’ is launched with the single ‘Shushu’.
- Invitation to Europe for the Waterpop Festival held in Holland.
- Hot Water is voted Best Band in South Africa in Men’s Health magazine.
- Performance for the Opening of South African Parliament’s ‘After Party’.
- 2009: Performance at the Hague Jazz Festival, alongside Freshlyground and Hugh Masekela.
- Signed to touring agent Griot (premiere South African Music agent in Europe - exclusively represents South African acts such as Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Hugh Masekela, Freshlyground and Lira.)
- 2010: 3 tours to Europe, release of ‘Laduma’ single in 14 countries around the world.
- ZDF ‘Morning Show’ (German National television) over 4 days, viewed by 1.2 million people each morning.
- Launch of music video for ‘Laduma’ on eTV’s Showbiz Report.
- Hot Water appear on the front cover of The BIG ISSUE magazine, with a lead article entitled “Why SA is into Hot Water”.
- 2011: Launch of 3rd album ‘South’.
International Noteworthy Performances
- Bush Fire International Festival of the Arts, Swaziland, 28 May ‘11
- ZDF ‘Morgen Magazin’ (Morning Show), German National TV, 28, 30 Jun & 02, 03 Jul ‘10
- Paard Van Troje, Den Haag, Holland, 12 Jun ‘10
- ‘Cup Of Cultures’ Festival, Haus Der Kulturen Der Welt, Berlin, Germany, 11 Jun ‘10
- Hague Jazz Festival, Holland, 20-24 May ‘09
- ‘House on Fire’ (New Years Eve), Swaziland, 31 Dec ‘08
- Waterpop Festival, Wateringen, Holland, 10 Aug ‘08
- Pinotage On Tap, Diemersfontein, 22 Oct ‘11
- Rocking The Daisies, Darling, 09 Oct ‘11
- Grahamstown National Arts Festival, Grahamstown, Jul ‘11
- Marie Claire ‘Green Lunch’, Franschhoek, 04 June ‘11
- Comrades Marathon (Nedbank Green Mile), Pietermaritzberg, 29 May ‘11
- Up The Creek Music Festival, Swellendam, 14 Feb ‘11
- Oppikoppi Music Festival, Limpopo, 08 Aug ’10 (& 06 Aug ’11)
- FIFA Official FanFest (quarter-final), Cape Town, 03 Jul ‘10
- Wacky Wine Weekend, Arabella Wine Estate, Robertson, 05 Jun ‘10
- Old Mutual Encounters (with Freshlyground and Johnny Clegg), Cape Town, 11 May ‘10
- KKNK Festival, Oudtshoorn (3 shows), 05-06 Apr ‘10
- Splashy Fen Festival, Kwazulu Natal, 03 Apr ‘10
- Flamjangled Tea Party Festival, Durbanville, Western Cape, 13 Mar ‘10
- Opening of Cape Town Stadium, Cape Town, 06 Feb ‘10
- Opening of Parliament (After Party), Cape Town, 05 Feb ‘09
- Niall Mellon Township Trust Concert, Cape Town, 04 Dec ‘08
- ‘CHOC’ Charity Gala Dinner, Cape Town, 21 Nov ‘08
- Vodacom ‘Sounds of Summer’ Series, V&A Waterfront, 28 Dec ‘07
- Human Rights Day Concert (headlining act), Cape Town Company Gardens, 21 March ‘07
- Heritage Day ‘Concert In The Park’, Cape Town, 25 Sept ‘06
- Nedbank Business Woman’s Awards, Cape Sun, Cape Town, 14 Jun ‘06
- Kirstenbosch Summer Sunset Concerts, National Botanical Gardens, Cape Town, 29 Jan ‘06
Hot Water…were the talk of the Festival.” (Review of Oppikoppi Festival 2011)
Cape Argus, The Star
Hot Water…continued to build the audience into a frenzy with their truly African sound, I would liken them to Paul Simon… (Review from Splashy Fen Festival)
What’s On SA
Hot Water, some say, is the next big South African band…
Donovan Copley...his voice is indeed one that is unique and very South African. The songs draw on many traditions from folk and blues to township grooves…this music is honest…and one of the many important voices of young South Africa.
The band is something of a musical cross section of the city [of Cape Town]….I’ve seen everyone from metal heads to old timers enjoying these vibes.
Immediately we’re all going “Hows these ous? ” – that’s how good this album is…there’s a very unique South African sound and flavour mixed in here that makes it stand out on its own.
Hot Water must easily be one of the most exciting music projects to come out of SA…Its concoction of homespun melodies and esoteric clarity makes for a welcome mix of African warmth and Eastern wisdom. Home is cultural versatility in music.
© All Biographies, images, sound and video files are copyright protected
Typical Budget for Hot Water is
R30000 - R50000 excl. VAT.
Please note this is merely a guide; if you submit a booking enquiry, you will receive an exact quote based on the unique details of your event.
Submit a booking enquiry directly with Hot Water, and the Artist or their manager / representative will be in touch with you soon!
Should you be unsure about which acts to enquire with, you can choose to SEND GIGSTER YOUR EVENT DETAILS and we will forward your enquiry to up to 5 suitable acts.
You May Also Like...
A unique concept which brings the sound and thrill of a symphony orchestra to events...Read More