- POPULAR MUSIC
- CLASSICAL MUSIC
- WORLD MUSIC
- AFRICAN ACTS
- THEMED ENTERTAINMENT
- NOVELTY ACTS
- DANCE ACTS
- KIDS ENTERTAINMENT
- BUDGET ENTERTAINMENT
Juanita KrugerLocation: Based in Johannesburg
Juanita Kruger is a popular and seasoned performer, having sung in countless productions, musicals and corporate showcases across Souh Africa, and as far as New Orleans, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Stokholm, Frankfurt, Accra and many others international cities.
Juanita was educated at the University of Natalm and made her professional debut in 1987 in "It's Better with A Band", directed by the late Geoffrey Sutherland. A number of revues followed, and in 1991 she shared the lead role with Kate Normington in "My Fair Lady". She continued to work in musicals, pantomimes and revues for Napac as well as in corporate theatre, and she was in demand as a session singer and jingles vocalist.
Juanita can be heard on various CD's including the SAMA winning "Lorraine Shannon", as well as "Sonder Grense" and "Jannie Moolman".
- Performed alongside Joseph Clark at numerous large scale events:
- with the National Chamber Orchestra at the Spier Festival in a number of sold out concerts, performing a broad spectrum of showstoppers from the musicals, movies, and pop charts (1999)
- "A Night with the Stars" with which the duo re-opened the Port Elizabeth Opera House, received wonderful revues for their versatility and vocal performance (2000)
- "Queen - The Concert" with the Johannesburg Philharmonic Orchestra
- "Simply Irresistible" at the Sneddon Theatre
- Juanita has performed as soloist / guest artist with some of the country's top orchestras, including
- New Arts Philharmonic Orchestra
- National Chamber Orchestra
- National Symphony Orchestra
- Kwa-Zulu Natal Philharmonic Orchestra
- "Pretoria Pops" with Andre Shwartz (conducted by Graham Scott)
- "The Best of Broadway" with the National Symphony Orchestra (conducted by Michael Hankinson) at their annual Picnic Proms at the Johannesburg Botanical Gardens
- Guest artist at the Jacaranda Pops, alongside artists like Dawney, PJ Powers and Robin Walsh
- "Sonder Grense" with Gloria Bosman, Zwai Bala (TKZ), Jannie Moolman and Joseph Clark at the KKNK 2003
- Performance alongside PJ Powers, Judith Sephuma and Yvonne Chaka Chaka at the opening ceremony to the Sixteen Days Against violence against Women and Children Campaign.
Musical Theatre Highlights
Juanita has performed lead and/or featured roles in numerous musicals across the country, including Oklahoma!, The Sound of Music (for which she received an FNB Vita nomination), Tropical Rhythm, New York State of Mind, Broadway Babes, Hair, The Best of the Best, Heaven Can't Wait, Magic of Walt Disney, Rodgers and Hammerstein, West Side Story (also FNB Vita nominated), Crazy For You, and The King and I
© All Biographies, images, sound and video files are copyright protected
Submit a booking enquiry directly with Juanita Kruger, and the Artist or their manager / representative will be in touch with you soon!
Should you be unsure about which acts to enquire with, you can choose to SEND GIGSTER YOUR EVENT DETAILS and we will forward your enquiry to up to 5 suitable acts.
You May Also Like...
Experienced pianist offering a unique and sophisticated solo background performance...Read More
Refreshingly talented original and cover artist with a broad vocal and genre range...Read More