- POPULAR MUSIC
- CLASSICAL MUSIC
- WORLD MUSIC
- AFRICAN ACTS
- THEMED ENTERTAINMENT
- NOVELTY ACTS
- DANCE ACTS
- KIDS ENTERTAINMENT
- BUDGET ENTERTAINMENT
KaribaRimbaLocation: Based in Cape Town
Kariba is a rare fusion of artistry that was born out of a meeting of diverse musical cultures and personalities who share a quest for excellence. Growing from the groundbreaking Intsholo ensemble, KaribaRimba combines the dynamic energy of brass with the exciting pulse of Africa. The full band (10-piece) has its own unique repertoire and has never been equaled.
2-piece: 1 marimba and 1 horn (on trumpet, flugelhorn, trombone and euphonium)
3-piece adds 2nd marimba (soprano and bass marimba)
4-piece adds African Drums
5-piece adds vocalist/percussion
8-piece: 4-piece marimba band and 4-piece brass
10-piece: 5-piece marimba band and 5-piece brass
BAND LEADER: WILLIAM HAUBRICH
Born in San Diego, California in 1960, composer, arranger, producer, trombonist, trumpeter William Haubrich joined the Cape Town Symphony in 1982 and was soon ensconced into the local jazz and African music scenes. William manages Kariba and is in constant demand as brass performer in jazz, classical, African, world, Jewish, and other settings. He is currently Head of Brass at the University of Cape Town’s College of Music.
- South African Music Festival Toulouse, France
- Oslo Chamber Festival, Norway
- 1996 Olympics, Atlanta Georgia
- Oude Libertas Amphitheatre
- Nedbank Peace Concert
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Arbour Day Celebrations
- Cape Town Grand Parade
- “Rhythms of Africa” with National Symphony Orchestra
- Sun City Superbowl “Rhythms of Africa” SATV Broadcast
- “A Crash of Cultures” Theatrical Production
- Cape Town Baxter Theatre
- “Truworths Jazz Festival”
- Cape Town Botanical Gardens
- Nedbank Rotary Proms
- Launch of “Intsholo” CD
- HRM Queen Elizabeth II and guests
- British High Commissioner’s residence
- SATV “Top Billing” with the Jazzart dancers.
- “Classic Aid Trust” with Transvaal Philharmonic Orchestra
- SATV “Coke Full Blast”
- International Composer’s Forum Johannesburg
- “Cape of New Hope” TV production with Xhosa Choir, Cape Town Symphony, Vusi Mahlesela, etc.
“....a music of astonishing beauty. Who can genuinely claim the have heard anything like it before? Together, these diverse musicians echo the freshness of discovery made possible by the removal of cultural barriers.” The Star.
“...the collaborations shiver the soul--two totally distinct musical styles fuse smoothly into something as unique as it is brilliant. The individual performances are impeccable...” The Argus.
“....a powerful ex
© All Biographies, images, sound and video files are copyright protected
Typical Budget for KaribaRimba is
R3500 - R30000.
Please note this is merely a guide; if you submit a booking enquiry, you will receive an exact quote based on the unique details of your event.
Submit a booking enquiry directly with KaribaRimba, and the Artist or their manager / representative will be in touch with you soon!
Should you be unsure about which acts to enquire with, you can choose to SEND GIGSTER YOUR EVENT DETAILS and we will forward your enquiry to up to 5 suitable acts.
You May Also Like...
Vibrant, female-driven marimba company performing across Cape Town...Read More
Vibrant and highly energetic music and dance group from Soweto...Read More