- POPULAR MUSIC
- CLASSICAL MUSIC
- WORLD MUSIC
- AFRICAN ACTS
- THEMED ENTERTAINMENT
- NOVELTY ACTS
- DANCE ACTS
- KIDS ENTERTAINMENT
- BUDGET ENTERTAINMENT
Kholwa BrothersLocation: Based in Durban
Kholwa Brothers are an exciting, internationally experienced 11-piece a cappella (Isicathamiya) group based in Durban, South Africa. This highly skilled and seasoned choir was formed in 1990 by Derrick Mlambo. Originally hailing from Snathing in Pietermaritzburg, Derrick is now based at INanda in Durban.
Based in Durban, KZN, the multi award-winning Kholwa Brothers have attained the best South African vocal group status through developing their routine from local and international shows, social and official functions to reach sublime standard of performance.
Locally, the Kholwa Brothers have performed across South Africa in Durban, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Port Elizabeth, Bloemfontein, and Pietermaritzburg, amongst other locations. A career highlights was to perform at the the Sonke Festival where the late former president of South Africa Dr Nelson Mandela addressed the people of KwaZulu Natal for the first time after his release from prison.
The word "kholwa" is a Zulu word meaning "A believer". The group consists of Mlambo Derrick, Sishi Mlungisi, Ngcobo Philani, Sibiya Dumisani, Xulu Lindokuhle, Nzimande Nhlakanipho, Gumede Ngcebo, Ngcobo Simphiwe, Ngcobo hopewell, Ndwandwe Mthobisi and Xulu Ntandoyenkosi.
The group has collaborated with other top artists such as Mandoza, Sibongile Mngoma, Gcina Mhlophe, HHP, Jabu Kanyile and Bayete, and Mara Louw.
- 1999 - invited to partake in "The Lion Collection" by the Universities of America
- 2000 - Splashy Fen Music Festival; Standard Bank Jazz Festival; winners of "MTN National Isicathamiya Competition"
- 2001 - performed at the "Reed Ceremony" at Enyokeni, the Royal Palace at Nongoma, organised by the king of the Zulu Nation, King Goodwill Zwelithini Zulu. In the same year, they performed at the United Nation' World Conference Against Racism at the ICC in Durban.
- 2002 - International Festival for the Writers; African Renaissance show; The Bravo - China South Africa.
- 2004 - African Renaissance
- 2005 - performed in Brazil for three months.
- 2006 - Performed in Germany during FIFA's Soccer World Cup; sang on the Presedential Lawn at union Buildings in Pretoria.
- 2007 - received an "Achievers Award"
- 2008 - received an " Ammen Award"; returned to Brazil in February and September, performing in cities like Sao Paulo; Marianna, Ouro Preto, Olinda and Recife
- 2010 - Grahamstown Arts Festival
- 2011 - United Nation's COP 17
- 2012 - Celebrate Durban; King Shaka Intarnational Airport
- 2013 - lauch of Bhodloza Nzimande Foundation; Mabhida Stadium during the game between AmaZulu FC and PMB United; NACMA Awards at Durban Expo
- 2014 - Winners of the "KZN Young Achievers Award"; nominated for South African Traditional Music Achievers Award (SATMA Awards)
- 2016 - KZN Municipal Excellence Awards @ ICC
- 2007 - Libuyile Izwe
- 2010 - Umdali Nemvelo
- 2013 - Asenze Umehluko
Typical Budget for Kholwa Brothers is
R9000 - R15000.
Please note this is merely a guide; if you submit a booking enquiry, you will receive an exact quote based on the unique details of your event.
Submit a booking enquiry directly with Kholwa Brothers, and the Artist or their manager / representative will be in touch with you soon!
Should you be unsure about which acts to enquire with, you can choose to SEND GIGSTER YOUR EVENT DETAILS and we will forward your enquiry to up to 5 suitable acts.
You May Also Like...
Multi award-winning Mozambican born Pan African jazz musician...Read More
One of Gauteng’s premier professional marimba bands performing across SA and beyond...Read More