- POPULAR MUSIC
- CLASSICAL MUSIC
- WORLD MUSIC
- AFRICAN ACTS
- THEMED ENTERTAINMENT
- NOVELTY ACTS
- DANCE ACTS
- KIDS ENTERTAINMENT
- BUDGET ENTERTAINMENT
Larry SofferLocation: Based in Cape Town
Multi award-winning mentalist, magician & Illusionist LARRY SOFFER's philosophy is simple: "Be more like children, and Believe to See, instead of Seeing to Believe"... With his award-winning show, Larry's aim is to open audiences' minds to new possibilities through the art of magic, getting them to see the world through the eyes of a child again and believing in the impossible, and thereby creating their own dreams.
Specializing in entertaining audiences across the age spectrum, every highly interactive performance is tailored to suit the event. A World Class act with a unique brand of MC, Motivation, inspiration and Magic of the Mind, Larry provides an unforgettable experience for any group or function. An unforgettable performance of suspense, mystery, energy exchange and lots of fun can be expected.
One of the most influential names in Magic in SA today, Larry's interest in magic began in early childhood. As a young boy, he was greatly inspired and motivated by David Copperfield’s charisma and showmanship. At the age of 13 he enrolled at the College of Magic in Cape Town, where he studied the art of Magic for 4 years and graduated with a Silver Medallion – the highest accolade available. He also won several National and Provincial Championships whilst studying at the College, and all but one of his course competitions. World famous Las Vegas Magicians, Siegfried and Roy were very impressed by Larry’s talent and enthusiasm and awarded him the SARMOTI (Siegfried and Roy Masters of the Impossible) Grant, a bursary, for his final year of study at the College of Magic.
After graduation, self-studied Mentalism ("magic of the mind" which includes acts of mind-reading, metal bending and telekinesis) and expanded these abilities to the extent of demonstrating them on television and radio, affecting people across these platforms in their own homes, making their spoons and forks bend, fixing broken watches, making light bulbs burst, making their TV's switch on and creating other explainable phenomena.
Mentalism Stage Show
Every year, many companies across the world turn to South African magician and mentalist Larry Soffer for memorable corporate entertainment. From audiences of 50 to 6,000, Larry’s corporate shows are a highly interactive combination of mind reading, metal bending, telekinesis and side-splitting comedy. By revealing their inner most thoughts, controlling their actions and predicting their every move, Larry captivates any audience with his unforgettable style of entertainment. The mentalist stage show is perfectly suited to corporate banquets, conferences and a wide array of events.
Close-Up Roaming Performance
Close up strolling magic and mentalism is a great way to make guests feel at ease and entertained during the cocktail hour. This intimate style of performance allows the flow of the party to move uninterrupted and is an excellent ice breaker. Interaction is paramount here as Larry uses cards, coins, jewellery and other props to entice and delight your guests. He also makes objects move or levitate without touching them, reads people's minds and bends metal objects such as coins, keys and forks. Whether its during the cocktail hour, at the dinner table, pre or post-show entertainment, at trade shows or in hospitality suites, Larry will have your guests utterly enthralled as he moves between tables and guests with consummate ease and showmanship.
With over 15 years of experience in the industry, Larry’s charming and light hearted approach will make your guests feel right at home. Larry incorporates mentalism into his delivery to create a unique MC experience.
Specialised or Bespoke Shows
For corporate functions or product launches, Larry tailors his show to incorporate specific messaging or product and brand intrinsic for a truly bespoke experience.
Corporate or Motivational Speaking
‘The only times you fail in life is when you don’t apply the knowledge you already have or don't have the knowledge to begin with. So apply what you know or go out and get the knowledge, and create your future.’Larry Soffer
Larry has always aimed to inspire audiences to believe in the impossible and is of the opinion that anyone is capable of creating magic in their own lives. He shares certain tools with his audience allowing them to change the way they perceive life and their goals in order to create a better future. His talks incorporate jaw dropping mentalism to illustrate his points and to create lasting, memorable impressions.
Performed for international celebrities such as:
Beyoncé & Jay Z, Michael Johnson, Hootie and The Blow Fish, Luke Perry, Andy Macdowell, Ruby Wax, Mike and the Mechanics, Vinnie Jones, F.W.de Klerk, PJ Powers, Zuraida Jardine, DJ Fresh, Lee-Anne Liebenberg
- Youngest South African at the time to be invited to perform at the World Famous Magic Castle in Hollywood
- Performed the biggest illusion in South Africa by making the Voortrekker Monument disappear
- Performed in more than 20 countries for some of the biggest corporate companies in the world including, most recently, twice in Mauritius for Cell C and Coca Cola, and Global Alliance in Mozambique. Larry was also invited to perform 10 times for the Prince of Saudi Arabia both locally and internationally.
- Car launches for VW, Landrover in Malawi, and Audi
- Guest speaker and performer at the Software AG Innovation Day 2015, as well as Swift Logistics' annual conference in Zimbabwe and several times for Britehouse Holdings.
- In 2014 Larry performed for over 3000 people at an incentive gala dinner for Oriflame, where he made the top award winner appear on stage as a grand finale
- Other than that, Larry has performed for the top companies in South Africa like FNB, Old Mutual, Sanlam, ABSA, Investec, Britehouse, EY, MTN, Vodacom, SAB, Discovery, Caltex, and many more.
Larry Soffer is also the only South African Mentalist that is able to demonstrate what he does over the radio by making people's spoons and forks bend in their own homes, making their lightbulbs burst, their broken watches come back to life, as well switching off their cars while driving on the highway. He has appeared on all major South African radio stations and TV shows such as Kfm, 5FM, Algoa FM, Cape Talk, Goodhope FM, Jacaranda, 3 Talk with Noleen, Expresso, Jou Show met Emo, 20 Something, Speed Stars and Hectic Nine9.
"Everybody LOVED Larry and enjoyed the show, it worked perfectly. He is mind-blowing! They were still talking about him for days. Larry is wonderful to work with and will recommend him to all our clients in the future."
- Elmari - Johannesburg based Incentives and Events Company - Event: Incentive event for Cell C Sales Team in Mauritius, January 2016
"It was the greatest pleasure (working with Larry) and he went above and beyond as usual. I will be in touch with any future work. The feedback from the client was great and everybody loved it!"
- Brigitte - Cape Town Based Events Company - Event: Gin & Tonic Festival, January 2016
“ Larry is a truly special act and everyone loved having him work his ‘magic’. Looking forward to the next time we work together!”
- Alex - Cape Town Based Incentives and Events Company - Event: Farewell Dinner for International Pharmaceutical Conference, January 2016
“I love what you are doing – this goes far beyond magic, illusions, mentalism etc. Even bigger than YOU! Shifting people’s mind-sets, getting them to believe in the unbelievable is what this world needs, and for that I am very grateful to be walking at the same time as you in this birth.”
- Priya - Event: Corporate Year End Function - December 2015
Video 1 of 6 (click the dots)
Video 2 of 6 (click the dots)
Video 3 of 6 (click the dots)
Video 4 of 6 (click the dots)
Video 5 of 6 (click the dots)
Video 6 of 6 (click the dots)
- Mentalism Stage Show
- Close-Up Roaming Performance
- Specialised or Bespoke Shows
- Corporate or Motivational Speaking
- "Entertainment is an understatement when it comes to his show. Seriously Mind blowing stuff and magic aside, it's something new." Jimmy Nevis - Singer/Songwriter
- "What I saw tonight has given me real cause for concern about the natural world and about Larry's talent." Claire Johnston - Mango Groove
- "That blew my mind!" Keith Sweat - International Singer
- "I'm gobsmacked on how he did this, it was incredible." Liezl van der Westhuizen - Presenter &TV Personality
- "You are absolutely amazing!" Ruby Wax - American TV Personality
- "What Entertainment! Thank you! You left behind so many wannabe magicians." Graham Smith - SA cricket captain
- "I have seen magicians around the world, but Larry is in a league of his own." Mike Rutherford - Mike and the Mechanics
- "You are crazy man!" - Vinni Jones - Famous Actor
- "Larry is destined to be one of the greatest magicians of the 21st century." Stan Gerson - International Magician
Past Clients Say
Mind-blowing! - Elmari, Cell C Event 2016
... goes far beyond magic, illusions, mentalism etc. Even bigger than YOU! - Priya, Corporate year-end 2015
A truly special act. - Alex, Pharmaceutical Conference 2016
© All Biographies, images, sound and video files are copyright protected
Typical Budget for Larry Soffer is
R11000 - R50000 excl. VAT.
Please note this is merely a guide; if you submit a booking enquiry, you will receive an exact quote based on the unique details of your event.
Submit a booking enquiry directly with Larry Soffer, and the Artist or their manager / representative will be in touch with you soon!
Should you be unsure about which acts to enquire with, you can choose to SEND GIGSTER YOUR EVENT DETAILS and we will forward your enquiry to up to 5 suitable acts.
You May Also Like...
Highly accomplished, internationally experienced MC and business speaker...Read More
Extraordinary artist whose hip-hop inspired poetry inspires a wide audience...Read More