- POPULAR MUSIC
- CLASSICAL MUSIC
- WORLD MUSIC
- AFRICAN ACTS
- THEMED ENTERTAINMENT
- NOVELTY ACTS
- DANCE ACTS
- KIDS ENTERTAINMENT
- BUDGET ENTERTAINMENT
Monique CassellsLocation: Based in Cape Town
Monique Cassells has been performing professionally since 2003, and was a member of two successful bands, namely “Generations” (from 2003 to 2005) and “Cole Street” (from 2005 to 2008) as their principal lead singer and acoustic rhythm guitarist, before she began working with James Marais, South Africa's no. 1 Elvis Presley Tribute Artist, since 2009, performing in their "Oldies But Goldies" tribute shows. She is a powerful and energetic performer, both in her vocals and stage presence, and enjoys interacting with her audience.
This accomplished vocalist has performed many different genres of music over the years, including rock ‘n roll, rock, pop, country, blues, ballads and even light classical. Elvis Presley has been an all-consuming passion for her since she was 11 years old, and she performed his music in her public performance debut at the age of 17.
Monique specialises in performing the music of the golden years of popular music, i.e. the '50s, '60s, '70s and '80s, with a touch of the '90s and '00s. She performs a wide variety of music from these eras with her unique style and voice. She has cemented her status as a solo artist with her "Nostalgia - A Tribute To The Legends" show, in which she features not only legendary songs by legendary artists, but also some of her original, self-composed material. Her powerful contralto voice has been compared to that of the legendary Cher, and she performs some of Cher’s songs in her shows.
She is also a solid rhythm guitarist, and has an excellent ear for harmonies. She has been able to direct and assist in arranging harmonies with the bands she has worked with over the years.
Monique is based in Cape Town and has performed in hundreds of shows there, but has also performed around the country, including places such as Johannesburg, Upington, Durban, Port Elizabeth and Vaalwater in Limpopo Province. She is available to perform at all kinds of events, including birthday parties, weddings, corporate events and anniversary parties. She has performed at casinos, theatres, hotels, bowling clubs, golf clubs, retirement villages, restaurants and schools.
Monique holds the distinction of being South Africa’s only female Elvis Tribute Artist, and participated in the Elvis Festival Africa, held in Storms River, in 2010 and 2011, both as a solo artist and alongside James Marais.
She is currently working on her debut album featuring her original music.
- GrandWest Casino, Roxy Revue Bar in two of James’ Elvis Presley tribute productions in 2010/2011 (for a 7-week run) and 2012 (for a 9-week run), which included a band, another singer and two dancers.
- GrandWest Casino, Roxy Revue Bar in James’ production, “Heartbreak Hotel”, for an 8-week run, from April to June 2014, accompanied by a band, two dancers and an MC.
- Jamrock Theatre, Brackenfell: August 2012 (“Elvis” tribute); April 2013 (“Elvis” tribute); May 2013 (“Rock ‘n Roll Legends”); August 2013 (“Rock ‘n Roll Legends”), March 2015 (“Oldies But Goldies”)
- Die Boer, Durbanville: June and October 2013, January 2014 (“Elvis” tribute), February and August 2015, August 2016 (“Oldies But Goldies”)
- The Barn, Mossel Bay (3 July, 29 December 2015, 12 August 2016)
- The Barn, Plettenberg Bay (4 July, 28 December 2015, 13 August 2016)
- Bravo Lounge, Garden Route Casino, Mossel Bay (November 2012 and July 2014)
- Caledon Casino (June 2013)
- Sandbaai Hall, Hermanus: concert organised by the Overstrand Hospice (February 2013); concert privately organised (29 October 2016)
- Mykonos Casino, Langebaan (5 July, 19 September 2015)
- Bellville Civic Theatre (17 December 2014)
- Kraaifontein Civic Hall (21 November 2015)
© All Biographies, images, sound and video files are copyright protected
Typical Budget for Monique Cassells is
R2000 - R7000.
Please note this is merely a guide; if you submit a booking enquiry, you will receive an exact quote based on the unique details of your event.
Submit a booking enquiry directly with Monique Cassells, and the Artist or their manager / representative will be in touch with you soon!
Should you be unsure about which acts to enquire with, you can choose to SEND GIGSTER YOUR EVENT DETAILS and we will forward your enquiry to up to 5 suitable acts.
You May Also Like...
Those trees are alive! The human bushes offer a hilarious walkabout entertainment act...Read More
This popular party band keeps guests on the dance floor with a great range of covers...Read More