- POPULAR MUSIC
- CLASSICAL MUSIC
- WORLD MUSIC
- AFRICAN ACTS
- THEMED ENTERTAINMENT
- NOVELTY ACTS
- DANCE ACTS
- KIDS ENTERTAINMENT
- BUDGET ENTERTAINMENT
Qadasi & MaqhingaLocation: Based in Durban
Hailing from Empangeni in the heart of Zululand, David “Qadasi” Jenkins and Maqhinga Radebe are an acoustic duo on a quest to revive the powerful sounds of traditional Maskandi music. Both professional musicians in their own right and sharing the same vision, joining forces has resulted in an international caliber of music which represents the heart and soul of South African roots music.
After matriculating in 2010, Qadasi released his first studio album under record label, Sande Entertainment headed by Sibongiseni Shabalala of four-time Grammy Award winning group, Ladysmith Black Mambazo. His second album, released in 2014, has since been nominated for a SAMA (South African Music Award) and SATMA (South African Traditional Music Award).
Maqhinga began his career as a Maskandi musician in the mid 80’s and has received numerous awards for his amazing musical skills, which also include SAMA and SATMA Award nominations.
Well travelled, he has performed to audiences in several countries, sharing stages with top artists such as Hugh Masekela, Ladysmith Black Mambazo and Soul Brothers, to name a few.
Over the past several years, the two of them have travelled home and abroad with their acoustic fusion of traditional Maskandi and western folk music, taking it to audiences in the UK, Asia, and throughout South Africa.
- 2011 – (Qadasi) Child of Africa nominated for South African Traditional Music Award for Best Upcoming Artist
- 2013 – Performance at “South Africa Week” in Dublin & Limerick, Ireland
- 2013 – Support Act for Johnny Clegg, Old Mutual Concert, KwaZulu Natal
- 2013 – World Transplant Games Cultural Evening, KwaZulu Natal
- 2013 – Nelson Mandela Sport and Culture Day, FNB Stadium, Johannesburg
- 2014 – Support Act for Oliver Mtukudzi, Caversham Mill, KwaZulu Natal
- 2014 – Rhino Ambassadors for the "Rhino Art - Africa" Project and the "World Youth Rhino Summit"
- 2014 - (Qadasi) Uhambo Olusha nominated for South African Traditional Music Award (SATMA) for Best Maskandi Album
- 2014 - (Maqhinga) iFacebook nominated for South African Traditional Music Award (SATMA) for Best Male Album
- 2015 – (Qadasi) Uhambo Olusha nominated for South African Music Award (SAMA) for Best Traditional Album
- 2015 – (Maqhinga) iFacebook nominated for South African Music Award (SAMA) for Best Maskandi Album
- 2015 – (Qadasi) Performance at the SAMA Awards Live show.
- 2015 – (Qadasi) KZN Young Achievers Award for Social Cohesion through Maskandi Music.
- 2015 – Performance at the ‘Take a Walk on the Wild Side’ South African Ball in Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2015 – Performance at the Bear Grylls Survival Race Festival in London, United Kingdom.
- 2016 – Performance at Moses Mabhida Stadium for Human Rights Day celebration, Durban KZN.
- 2016 – Performances for SA Embassies in Vietnam & Thailand and SA Consulate in India as part of SA Freedom Day celebrations.
- 2016 – Release of collaborative acoustic album, “Lashis’ Ilanga”.
- Acoustic Duo
- Full Band (generally 5 band members)
© All Biographies, images, sound and video files are copyright protected
Typical Budget for Qadasi & Maqhinga is
R12000 - R20000.
Please note this is merely a guide; if you submit a booking enquiry, you will receive an exact quote based on the unique details of your event.
Submit a booking enquiry directly with Qadasi & Maqhinga, and the Artist or their manager / representative will be in touch with you soon!
Should you be unsure about which acts to enquire with, you can choose to SEND GIGSTER YOUR EVENT DETAILS and we will forward your enquiry to up to 5 suitable acts.
You May Also Like...
Bring the spirit of South Africa to your event with an authentic & energetic Zulu act...Read More
Popular Afro-Jazz band, headed by acclaimed Afro-songbird Mpho Motheane...Read More