- POPULAR MUSIC
- CLASSICAL MUSIC
- WORLD MUSIC
- AFRICAN ACTS
- THEMED ENTERTAINMENT
- NOVELTY ACTS
- DANCE ACTS
- KIDS ENTERTAINMENT
- BUDGET ENTERTAINMENT
The SentinentalsLocation: Based in Johannesburg
The Sentinentals is a proudly South African a cappella group that fuses a number of music genres ranging from Isicathamiya, Afrosoul, Rythmn & Blues as well African classics. Their compositions and performances are inspired by their musical idols such as the Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Boys II Men, Stimela, Bayethe and Manhattan Brothers, to name just a few. With their melodic voices, and a touch of piano to round off the sound, The Sentinentals creates the perfect mood for government and corporate gala dinners, and are available for events and functions of all kinds.
Founded in 1999, the group started performing together whilst attending Thamsanqa High School, and now consists of Sammy Nyembe, Gordon Gule, Zweli Dlomo, Erick Mkumbeni and Tebogo Modisane. The Sentinentals’ talent and maturity is perfectly captured in their album, which allowed each member and the group as a whole to reach new heights and challenge themselves and their “a cappella comfort zone” with the addition of instrumental accompaniment.
The Sentinentals has performed far and wide, to esteemed guests such as former statesmen Nelson Mandela, Bill Clinton and Thabo Mbeki, and Hollywood superstars Kevin Spacey and Chris Tucker. They have performed internationally in Germany (2003) and Italy (2004). In July 2004, they made headline news when they shared the stage with an international multi Grammy award-winner Thomas Quasthoff.
After featuring on the popular SABC TV Drama Soul City V in 2000, the Sentinentals attracted attention from various corporates, receiving sponsorships from clothing label Guess from (Italy), Rennies, Avis and Globeflight Couriers. Under the wing of international high-end fashion brand consultant Anne-Marie Scichili (Italy), who is also a principal member at the Elton John AIDS Foundation, The Sentinentals became synonymous with high fashion, and they performed for global icons of fashion in Florence and at Fidenza Valley - one of the 16 fashion malls in Europe.
The group is now featured in the documentary entitled the Sentinentals journey produced by top international documentary producer Liza Key. They have also worked with local theatre giant Janice Honeyman, and subsequently landed a partnership with South Africa’s premier theatre productions, Sarafina!
- The Late Nite News Show with Loyiso Gola, on eNCA and eTV: 12 & 13 November
- Imperial and Ukhamba Trust & Europcar – Students Top Achievers Awards: 22November 2014
- Empowaworx Orange Farm Youth Celebration : 16 June 2014/15
- Soul Session at Cappelo Vaal, sharing stage with Tbose Mokwele (Kaya Fm)
- Thebe (kwaito legend) and Nicky B (Kaya Fm): 26 April 2015
- Tokelo Rantie’s wedding, Vanderbijlpark : 06th June 2015
- loveLife Dialogue on Xenophobia : 11 June 2015
- ULP Conversations with Mr Lazarus Zim (Zimele Mining): 09th July 2015
- Presidential Fundraising Dinner (Dennis Goldberg Ward), Randburg : 18th July 2015
- Global Petrolium Summit at Gold Reef city, Johannesburg, South Africa where over 120 countries and Heads of States attended
- A number of Regenesys Institute’s graduation ceremonies in front of the elite including former Deputy President, Ms Phumzile Mlambo-Ncuka and former Minister in the Presidency, Mr Essop Pahad
Typical Budget for The Sentinentals is
R30000 - R100000.
Please note this is merely a guide; if you submit a booking enquiry, you will receive an exact quote based on the unique details of your event.
Submit a booking enquiry directly with The Sentinentals, and the Artist or their manager / representative will be in touch with you soon!
Should you be unsure about which acts to enquire with, you can choose to SEND GIGSTER YOUR EVENT DETAILS and we will forward your enquiry to up to 5 suitable acts.
You May Also Like...
Acoustic duo on a quest to revive the powerful sounds of traditional Maskandi music...Read More